Support people seeking asylum in Brisbane
The best way to show your support for people seeking asylum is with a cash donation to the Romero Centre.
Call (07) 3013 0100 to discuss before bringing your donation to the Romero Centre.
- Donations of cash
- Go Cards for public transport
- Grocery store gift cards from Coles or Woolworths
- Department store gift cards like Kmart, BigW and Target
- International calling cards (with good rates for Sri Lanka as well as African and Middle Eastern countries)
- Disposable nappies in unopened packs (preferably large and extra-large)
- Mobile phones (new or used, with charger and batteries, all in working order)
- Spices (bulk is preferred)
- Tinned beans and lentils (without sauce)
- Tinned fish (tuna, salmon, sardines)
- Tinned Veg (tomato, corn, peas etc)
- Tinned Soup (chicken, vegetable, beef)
- Tomato paste
- Contact us for more ideas!
- Antiseptic cream
- Baby wipes
- Baby shampoo
- Deodorant (roll-on)
- Diapers (disposable large or extra-large)
- Dishwashing detergent
- Fly spray
- Insect repellant (bottle)
- Kitchen cloths/sponges
- Paper towel
- Shampoo and conditioner (2-in-1)
- Shaving cream
- Sanitary pads
- Toilet paper
- Toothbrushes (children and adult sizes)
- Washing powder
- A large screen TV for community events and social activities at the Romero Centre
- Laptop computers for English training and use by people seeking asylum
- Shelving units to help store toys, games and art materials in our children’s area
- Sewing kits, materials and equipment for our community activity groups
To ensure we can accept your donation, please discuss before delivery.
Support people facing the complicated challenges of seeking asylum.