IMPORTANT NOTE: To ensure we can accept your donation, please contact us to discuss before delivery. Call us on (07) 3013 0100.
Support people seeking asylum in Brisbane
The best way to show your support for people seeking asylum is with a cash donation to the Romero Centre.
There are some things we could always use more of and our food bank always needs replenishing. Any donated items must be in good condition, brand new and/or non-perishable. Some items we are unable to accept because of hygiene, safety and practical reasons.
Call (07) 3013 0100 to discuss before bringing your donation to the Romero Centre.
- Donations of cash
- Go Cards for public transport
- Grocery store gift cards from Coles or Woolworths
- Department store gift cards like Kmart, BigW and Target
- International calling cards (with good rates for Sri Lanka as well as African and Middle Eastern countries)
- Disposable nappies in unopened packs (preferably large and extra-large)
- Mobile phones (new or used, with charger and batteries, all in working order)
- Breakfast cereals (examples)
- Dried Fruit, Nuts and Seeds
- Green tea bags
- Honey (small jars)
- Milk (long life)
- Pasta (spirals, spaghetti etc)
- Rice (basmati, jasmine, white)
- Spices (bulk is preferred)
- Tinned beans and lentils (without sauce)
- Tinned fish (tuna, salmon, sardines)
- Tinned Veg (tomato, corn, peas etc)
- Tinned Soup (chicken, vegetable, beef)
- Tomato paste
- Contact us for more ideas!
- Antiseptic cream
- Baby wipes
- Baby shampoo
- Deodorant (roll-on)
- Diapers (disposable large or extra-large)
- Dishwashing detergent
- Fly spray
- Insect repellant (bottle)
- Kitchen cloths/sponges
- Paper towel
- Shampoo and conditioner (2-in-1)
- Shaving cream
- Sanitary pads
- Toilet paper
- Toothbrushes (children and adult sizes)
- Washing powder
- A large screen TV for community events and social activities at the Romero Centre
- Laptop computers for English training and use by people seeking asylum
- Shelving units to help store toys, games and art materials in our children’s area
- Sewing kits, materials and equipment for our community activity groups
To ensure we can accept your donation, please discuss before delivery.
Support people facing the complicated challenges of seeking asylum.
The Romero Centre is one of the ways that Mercy Community Services is helping build a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected. Donations over $2 are tax deductible.